Saturday, April 16, 2011

Issue #10

A Day in Andrea´s Life

I don´t have a job that demands my time so my schedule is extremely flexible. I wake up with the sun and have a couple of glasses of café con leche before showering and dressing. Some mornings I do a load of laundry while having my coffee and then take it up to the roof to dry after I am dressed. I am usually out and about by noon. Some days I explore my neighbourhood and some days neighbouring towns. Most days I go to one of the two supermarkets near my apartment and pick up a few items. I get the biggest thrill out of picking up a baguette and it is still warm. The supermarkets are not open on Sundays so if I am in desperate need of something I go to Barker´s Booze and Groceries. It is open everyday and has quite an impressive selection for a shop that is not as big as your average 7-11 convenience store. I try to write daily or at very least edit what I have already written. I spend about three hours in the internet cafe every day.

Yesterday was the beginning of Carnaval and it was kicked off here in Benalmadena with a drag queen show. There were children in costumes racing around the square where the stage was erected and a cotton candy concession was open for business. I learned today that Carnaval was banned during General Franco´s dictatorship. I also found an article with great pictures and have attached a link below for those who wish to know more about this festival.       http://www.endicott-studio.com/rdrm/rrcarnaval.html

No comments:

Post a Comment